24 Hour Emergency Helpline 01970 625585 or 01239 615385
Live Fear Free Helpline 0808 8010 800
If you identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender, and you are experiencing domestic abuse (this can be by a partner, ex-partner, or family member) you can get in touch with us by calling our helpline on 01970 612225
About 1 in 4 LGBTQ+ people experience domestic abuse and much of the abuse an LGBTQ+ person experiences is the same as that experienced in heterosexual relationships. There are some aspects of abuse that are unique to LGBTQ people.
- Threatening to out someone.
- Threats based on a persons gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Sending a person to therapy against their will to convert them
- Intentionally misgendering, deadnaming or using the wrong pronouns.
- Denying access to gender affirming healthcare such as hormones.
WWDAS recognises the different aspects of abuse an LGBTQ+ person can face and support people who are experiencing or have experience domestic abuse from a different sex partner, same sex partner or family member.